from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To transfer (heat) by convection.
- intransitive v. To undergo convection: warm air convecting upward.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To carry or convey; to move (a warm fluid) upward through a cooler fluid, to transfer heat or a fluid by convection.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- v. to circulate hot air by convection, as of certain ovens.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. circulate hot air by convection
Back-formation from convection.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)