from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. conventional propriety
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. That which is suitable, agreeable, or convenient.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That which is becoming or proper; conventional propriety.
- n. plural The conventionalities of life.
- n. a marriage based on considerations of family interests, such as birth, position, fortune, or the like, rather than on personal predilection.
From French convenir (Wiktionary)