from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Variant of kopek.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of kopek.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A Russian copper coin. See kopeck.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A denomination of Russian silver and copper coins.
- n. The coins of this name current since 1855 are: in silver, the 25-copeck piece, and pieces of 20, 15, 10, and 5 copecks; in copper, pieces of 1, 2, and 3 copecks. The copeck, reckoned as the hundredth part of a ruble, is worth 0.582 United States cent.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. 100 kopecks equal 1 ruble in Russia
Sorry, no etymologies found.