from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of several terrestrial, saprophytic, chiefly New World orchids of the genus Corallorhiza having yellowish-green to purplish-brown leafless stems and small flowers.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of several saprophytic orchids of the genus Corallorhiza
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a genus (Corallorhiza) of orchideous plants, of a yellowish or brownish red color, parasitic on roots of other plants, and having curious jointed or knotted roots not unlike some kinds of coral. See Illust. under Coralloid.
- n. a European bittercress (Dentaria bulbifera) having a knotted white rootstock.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A plant of the genus Corallorhiza. Also called coralwort.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a wildflower of the genus Corallorhiza growing from a hard mass of rhizomes associated with a fungus that aids in absorbing nutrients from the forest floor
- n. European bittercress having a knotted white rootstock
From the corallike appearance of its branched rhizomes.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)