from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Sealed with or as if with a cork.
- adj. Tainted in flavor by an unsound cork: corked port.
- adj. Blackened by burnt cork.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of cork.
- adj. Of a container, especially a bottle, closed with a cork.
- adj. Of (a bottle of) wine, tainted by mould/mold in the cork.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. having acquired an unpleasant taste from the cork.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Stopped with a cork.
- Fitted with cork; having a cork heel or sole.
- Having acquired the taste of cork; corky: as, corked wine.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of wine) tainted in flavor by a cork containing excess tannin
Sorry, no etymologies found.