American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Any of several plants of the genus Valerianella, especially a Eurasian annual (V. locusta or V. olitoria), having small, white to pale bluish flowers and edible young leaves used in salads or as a potherb. Also called lamb's lettuce, mache.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The common name of Fedia or Valerianella olitoria, a plant eaten as a salad, found in grain-fields in Europe and rarely in America.
- n. US Any of various types of salad made using maize
- n. Valerianella locusta, a small plant used in salads and as an herb.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Bot.) a name given to several species of Valerianella, annual herbs sometimes used for salad. Valerianella olitoria is also called lamb's lettuce.
- n. a plant of the genus Valerianella
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘corn salad’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for corn salad.