from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or associated with a corporation.
- adj. Of or relating to a government or political system in which the principal economic functions, such as banking, industry, labor, and government, are organized as corporate entities.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to a corporation; corporate.
- adj. Based on collective action or responsibility; especially, of a state, governed by or structured into separate bodies of classes, professions etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Corporate; having the character of a corporation.
From Latin corporātīvus, from the participle stem of corporāre ("to embody"). (Wiktionary)