from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of several cup-shaped organs in various animals
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Pl. cotylæ (-lē). In Greek antiquity: A small drinking- or dipping-vessel, the exact form of which is uncertain.
- n. An ancient Greek unit of capacity, varying from less than half a pint to a quart, United States (old wine) measure.
- n. In anatomy and zoology, a cup-like cavity; an acetabulum.
- n. [capitalized] [NL.] In ornithology, an erroneous form of Cotile.
Sorry, no etymologies found.