from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To fortify with a wall behind another wall.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A wall raised behind another, to supply its place when breached or destroyed. [R.] Cf. contramure.
- transitive v. To fortify with a wall behind another wall.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In fortification: A wall raised behind another to supply its place when a breach is made.
- n. A wall raised in front of another partition wall to strengthen it; a contramure.
- To fortify (a wall) with another wall.
Compare French contremurer. (Wiktionary)