from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To work in opposition to; to counteract.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To work in opposition to; to counteract.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To work in opposition to; counteract; hinder by contrary operations.
- n. Opposing work or effort; countervailing action; active opposition.
- n. Something made or done in opposition to or refutation of something else.
counter- + work (Wiktionary)