from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A motion in dancing, when one leg is a little bent and raised from the floor, and with the other a forward motion is made.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A motion in dancing, when one leg is a little bent, and raised from the floor, and with the other a forward motion is made.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In dancing, a movement which a dancer makes resting on one foot and passing the other forward or backward, making a sort of salutation. Also spelled coupé.
- To make a sort of bow or salutation in dancing.
- In heraldry, same as couped.
French coupée, properly past participle of couper to cut. Compare coupé, coopee. (Wiktionary)