from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative form of crampet.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. See crampet.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A cap of metal at the end of the scabbard of a sword; a chape.
- n. A cramp-iron.
- n. A piece of iron with small spikes in it, made to fit the sole of the shoe, for keeping the footing firm on ice or slippery ground.
- n. In heraldry, the representation of the chape of a scabbard, used as a bearing.
- n. An iron spike or bar driven or built into a wall to serve as a support for other parts or to bind the wall itself.
Sorry, no etymologies found.