American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. An instrument or device used to measure the skull.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An instrument for measuring the dimensions of the skull.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. An instrument for measuring the size of skulls.
- n. an instrument for measuring skull sizes
- cranio- + -meter (Wiktionary)
“I at first thought of taking the length of the skull by a craniometer, and seeing what portion of the total length to the posterior edge of the sacrum it would be, but I soon discarded the idea on account of the variation in the supra-occipital process.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘craniometer’.
A couple of years ago on Wordie, I made the list Pseudorandom words. Let's see how the Wordnik random words compare: no panvocalics, more adverbs, more hyphenated words (or maybe I excluded them th...
Looking for tweets for craniometer.