from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A patchwork quilt of pieces of cloth of various shapes, colors, and sizes, sewn together in an irregular pattern.
- n. A disorderly mixture; a hodgepodge: The map was a crazy quilt of districts and precincts.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A quilt made from random patches, without any unifying design.
- n. An uncoordinated jumble of things, ideas, practices, policies, etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. a bedquilt made of pieces of silk or other material of various sizes, shapes, and colors, fancifully stitched together without definite plan or arrangement.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A quilt or cover for a bed, sofa, etc., made of crazy-work.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a patchwork quilt without a design
Sorry, no etymologies found.