from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n.pl. An annual plant (Platystemon californicus) native to the southwest United States and Mexico and cultivated for its showy cream-colored to yellowish flowers.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Platystemon californicus, an ornamental flowering plant in the Papaveraceae family, found growing wild throughout the American southwest and especially on the Pacific Coast.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a California plant (Platystemon californicus) with small pale yellow flowers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A name given in California to Platystemon Californicus, a pretty poppy-like plant with small, cream-colored flowers.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. California plant with small pale yellow flowers
Sorry, no etymologies found.