from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A line of copy acknowledging the source or origin of a news dispatch, published article, or other work.
- n. The maximum amount of credit to be extended to a customer. Also called line of credit.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A line of printed text attached to written material, an image, illustration, or the like, which identifies the author, photographer, or other source.
- n. A line of credit.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a line giving the name of the writer of a story or article
- n. the maximum credit that a customer is allowed
Sorry, no etymologies found.