American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A round close-fitting neckline.
- n. A garment, especially a sweater, with such a neckline.
- adj. Referring to the collar of pullover garments, where the collar circles the neck, usually of sweaters and T-shirts. Often crew necked.
- adj. Occasionally, a collar whose front is meant to ride up onto the neck, sometimes to Adam's apple level, more often termed as high crew.
- n. Any garment with a crew neck.
- n. a plain straight neckline opening from shoulder to shoulder of sweaters
- From the wearing of similarly styled sweaters by rowers. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘crew neck’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for crew neck.