from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A round close-fitting neckline.
- n. A garment, especially a sweater, with such a neckline.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Referring to the collar of pullover garments, where the collar circles the neck, usually of sweaters and T-shirts. Often crew necked.
- adj. Occasionally, a collar whose front is meant to ride up onto the neck, sometimes to Adam's apple level, more often termed as high crew.
- n. Any garment with a crew neck.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a plain straight neckline opening from shoulder to shoulder of sweaters
From the wearing of similarly styled sweaters by rowers.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.