from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Needlework made with crewel.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. embroidery made using a crewel
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Embroidery in crewels, commonly done upon some plain material, such as linen.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A kind of embroidery done with crewel usually upon linen, the foundation forming the background.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. embroidery done with loosely twisted worsted yarn
Sorry, no etymologies found.