from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Law that deals with crimes and their punishments.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The area of law pertaining to crime and punishment.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. the law which relates to crimes.
- n. that branch of jurisprudence which relates to crimes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the body of law dealing with crimes and their punishment
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.