from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that crisps, especially a compartment in a refrigerator used for storing vegetables and keeping them fresh.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. comparative form of crisp: more crisp
- n. A cooled food storage container, used to cool items that do not require complete refrigeration.
- n. The section of a refrigerator used to store fruit and vegetables at a slightly higher temperature than the rest of the refrigerator.
- n. An instrument for making little curls in the nap of cloth.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, crisps or curls; an instrument for making little curls in the nap of cloth, as in chinchilla.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which crisps, corrugates, or curls. Specifically
- n. An instrument for crisping the nap of cloth; a crisping-iron or crisping-pin.
Sorry, no etymologies found.