from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n.pl. An insincere display of grief; false tears.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Plural form of crocodile tear.
- n. A display of tears that is forced or false.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. false or affected tears; hypocritical sorrow; -- derived from the fiction of old travelers, that crocodiles shed tears over their prey.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a hypocritical display of sorrow; false or insincere weeping
From the belief that crocodiles weep either to lure a victim or when eating one.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.