from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A horizontal bar, line, or stripe.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The top of the goal structure.
- n. The top tube of a bicycle frame.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A transverse bar or piece, as a bar across a door, or as the iron bar or stock which passes through the shank of an anchor to insure its turning fluke down.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A transverse bar; a bar laid or fixed across another; in an anchor, a round bar of iron, straight or bent at one or both ends, inserted in the shank.
- n. A small bar in the mechanism of a break-joint breech-loading firearm, which presses out the extractor when the barrels are falling.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a horizontal bar that goes across something
- n. long thin horizontal crosspiece between two vertical posts
- n. game equipment consisting of a horizontal bar to be jumped or vaulted over
Sorry, no etymologies found.