from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small lookout platform with a protective railing and windscreen, located near the top of a ship's mast or superstructure.
- n. A similar lookout platform located ashore.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of crow's nest.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A box or platform near the top of a mast, esp. in whalers, to shelter the man on the lookout.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A barrel or box fitted up on the maintopmast-crosstrees or maintopgallant-crosstrees of an arctic or whaling vessel, for the shelter of the lookout man. Also called bird's-nest.
- n. See Cycadeoidea.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. platform for a lookout at or near the top of a mast
Sorry, no etymologies found.