from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The male heir apparent to a throne.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person designated and raised to become the next king.
- n. A person designated and raised to become the next emperor.
- n. A person expected to inherit or take over an enterprise or undertaking once its current manager retires or dies.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the heir apparent to a crown or throne.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The eldest son or other heir apparent of a monarch: applied more especially to German princes (translating German kronprinz).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a male heir apparent to a throne
crown adj + prince noun (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.