Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A plant, the Lotus corniculatus, so called from its claw-shaped spreading pods: commonly as a plural, crow-toes.
- n. A plant, Lotus corniculatus.
- n. obsolete An unidentified plant, probably the crowfoot.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Bot.) The Lotus corniculatus.
- n. An unidentified plant, probably the crowfoot.
- crow + toe (Wiktionary)
“Above its gravel beach rises a slope of coarse short grass, woven through with wild thyme and yellow crowtoe.”
Looking for tweets for crowtoe.