American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A system in a motor vehicle for maintaining a constant speed.
- n. Maintenance of a constant speed in such a vehicle.
- n. A system that maintains a vehicle at constant set speed, usually until the brake or accelerator is pressed.
- n. A state of being where tasks are completely easily, and routinely.
- n. control mechanism for keeping an automobile at a set speed
“Additional standard features such as cruise control with steering wheel-mounted controls, Bluetooth® (2) wireless technology with hands-free connectivity, dual”
“I set the cruise control and read through the canyon-guide photocopies.”
“I was telling her that the plane she was flying had just gone from autopilot cruise control to engine-out emergency mode.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘cruise control’.
Obviates the need for other devices or calculations--it will have a button for everything, and it will solve everything.
Gleanings from copies of Movin' Out, "The Journal of the Trucking Industry", and American Trucker, an advertising magazine, found at a highway service area
Looking for tweets for cruise control.