from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A system in a motor vehicle for maintaining a constant speed.
- n. Maintenance of a constant speed in such a vehicle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A system that maintains a vehicle at constant set speed, usually until the brake or accelerator is pressed.
- n. A state of being where tasks are completely easily, and routinely.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. control mechanism for keeping an automobile at a set speed
Sorry, no etymologies found.