from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See cryptogram.
- n. A system of secret or cipher writing; a cipher.
- n. A device for translating plain text into cipher.
- n. A device for deciphering codes and ciphers.
- transitive v. To write (a message, for example) in code or cipher.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A cipher or cryptogram.
- n. A device used for encrypting or decrypting text.
- v. To write text using a code or cipher.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Cipher; something written in cipher.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Something written in secret characters or cipher.
- n. A system of secret writing; a cipher.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a device for deciphering codes and ciphers
- n. a piece of writing in code or cipher
- n. a secret method of writing
crypto- + -graph (Wiktionary)