American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Sharp-edged and pointed; knifelike: cultrate leaves.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Sharp-edged and pointed; colter-shaped, or shaped like a pruning-knife, as a body that is thick on one edge and acute on the other: as, a cultrate leaf; the beak of a bird is convex and cultrate.
- adj. botany, zoology Sharp-edged and pointed; shaped like a pruning knife, as the beak of certain birds.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Bot. & Zoöl.) Sharp-edged and pointed; shaped like a pruning knife, as the beak of certain birds.
- Latin cultratus ("knife-shaped"). (Wiktionary)
- Latin cultrātus, from culter, cultr-, knife; see skel-1 in Indo-European roots. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“A lot of -- especially here in southern California in Los Angeles and urban centers have difficulties where English is not their first language and there is another language other than English spoken at home and so therefore they feel more comfortable communicating in another language other than English and to be able to deal in mainstream society, I think effects, has a great effect on the quality of life and services and their general well being and sort of disagree and want to delve in deeper about the Filipino's ability to cultrate and assimilate into society.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘cultrate’.
A hodgepodge, jumble, jambalaya, *gallimaufry, circus and tent revival of plant anatomy and morphology terms and phrases - its a big tent, and no tickets are required.
List of adjectives such as everduring that do not frequent common speech and writing. A continuation of my list Adjectival Arcana, which had grown to over 7700 words and had become far too cumbersome.
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
shapely adjectives and descriptors
Words meaning knife-shaped
Looking for tweets for cultrate.