from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A burrow or low underground passage
- n. A burrow in the skin made by a mite
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In archœol., a small underground passage; specifically, one of the underground drains which formed a close network throughout the Roman Campagna and certain other districts of Italy.
- n. [capitalized] [NL.] A genus of lemmings, of the family Muridœ and subfamily Arvicolinœ: so called because the animals some what resemble small rabbits.
- n. In medicine, a burrow of an itch-insectin the skin.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. pacas
Sorry, no etymologies found.