from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, resembling, or containing copper; coppery.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A reddish-brown color, like that of polished copper.
- adj. Of or of the nature of copper.
- adj. Containing copper.
- adj. Of a reddish-brown color, like that of polished copper.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Consisting of copper or resembling copper; coppery.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Consisting of or containing copper; having the properties of copper.
- Copper-colored; reddish-brown with a metallic luster.
From Late Latin cupreus, from cuprum, copper; see copper1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin cupreus, from cuprum ("copper"). (Wiktionary)