American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A natural red secondary ore of copper, essentially Cu2O, that forms as a result of weathering.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The red oxid of copper; red copper ore; a common ore of copper, of a bright-red color, occurring in isometric crystals (cubes, octahedrons, etc.), and also massive. It is sometimes found in capillary forms, as in the variety chalcotrichite.
- n. mineralogy A mineral composed of cuprous oxide and a minor ore of copper.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Min.) The red oxide of copper; red copper; an important ore of copper, occurring massive and in isometric crystals.
- n. a mineral consisting of cuprous oxide that is a source of copper
“Long before the statue was unearthed, the natural process of patination had caused the formation of the red cuprite, blue azurite and green malachite commonly found in ancient bronzes.”
“Some representative oxide minerals include corundum, cuprite, and hematite.”
“The Magi'i wish to forget him because he was a stronger magus than the First Magus and turned his back on what he saw as the ever-narrowing traditions and inbreeding of the Magi'i, then became a Mirror Lancer officer who used his magely abilities to lead the northern Mirror Lancers in the devastation of Cerlyn and the establishment of the northeastern cuprite mines.”
“We don't trade them, except for dried fruits and at times iron and cuprite, but the Lady Ryalth can tell from knowing that prices are changing what else may be affected.”
“We're only going across the square," Ryalth says, "to the cuprite master's shop.”
“The barbarians of the northeast have tried to attack the cuprite mines.”
“Could not another cuprite master copy this?" questions the redhead.”
“Have you been able to purchase the additional cuprite?”
“While Ryalth and the cuprite crafter talk, Lorn studies another series of lamps set on the shelf against the outer wall, taking in those of various sizes.”
“After a time, the younger cuprite-worker turns and heads back to Lorn-without the blade.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘cuprite’.
List of minerals, elements, group names and geochemistry terms encountered in the science of mineralogy. I've chosen to avoid capital letters in most examples, though a great many mineral names hon...
Looking for tweets for cuprite.