from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A natural red secondary ore of copper, essentially Cu2O, that forms as a result of weathering.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A mineral composed of cuprous oxide and a minor ore of copper.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The red oxide of copper; red copper; an important ore of copper, occurring massive and in isometric crystals.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The red oxid of copper; red copper ore; a common ore of copper, of a bright-red color, occurring in isometric crystals (cubes, octahedrons, etc.), and also massive. It is sometimes found in capillary forms, as in the variety chalcotrichite.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a mineral consisting of cuprous oxide that is a source of copper
Sorry, no etymologies found.