American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The material used to construct a curb.
- n. A row of curbstones; a curb.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of checking or restraining.
- n. Material prepared for curbstones either roughly worked to dimension, or finished ready to set.
- v. present participle of curb.
- n. A row of curbstones; the material used to construct such a curb
- n. The damage caused to a wheel or tire by curbing (running the wheel or tire into or over a curb).
- n. an edge between a sidewalk and a roadway consisting of a line of curbstones (usually forming part of a gutter)
“The government needs to take a stronger stand in curbing robbery and mob justice.”
“And while the current lack of supplies is an annoyance to regular users, in the long term curbing people's reliance on drink and drugs should be a goal supported by anyone with an interest in individuals 'health as well as society's as a whole.”
“Many Democrats are backing the idea of curbing the health-care tax exclusion, which exempts employer health-care benefits from taxation.”
“If the curbing, which is really unnecessary in most cases, were omitted, much of the surface water would soak into the ground between the sidewalk and the pavement, doing much good to trees, shrubs, and grass.”
“However, business lobby group the British Chambers of Commerce called the curbing of the tax hike 'an important step in the right direction'.”
“However, business lobby group the British Chambers of Commerce called the curbing of the tax hike "an important step in the right direction.”
“They also agreed to extend EU measures intervening in the dairy sector and discussed the upcoming G20 summit in Pittsburgh, with particular focus on the idea of curbing bonuses in the banking industry.”
“With their help, I learned to make small changes, such as curbing after-dinner snacking by chewing minty gum, adding jumping jacks and squats to my treadmill routine, and managing my cheese habit by choosing small portions of excellent cheese, not big chunks of boring stuff.”
‘curbing’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for curbing.