from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The material used to construct a curb.
- n. A row of curbstones; a curb.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of curb.
- n. A row of curbstones; the material used to construct such a curb
- n. The damage caused to a wheel or tire by curbing (running the wheel or tire into or over a curb).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of checking or restraining.
- n. Material prepared for curbstones either roughly worked to dimension, or finished ready to set.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an edge between a sidewalk and a roadway consisting of a line of curbstones (usually forming part of a gutter)
Sorry, no etymologies found.