from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. surgical removal of the ciliary muscle; cyclicotomy
- n. the historical problems of dividing the circle into a given number of equal segments, and of constructing regular polygons
- n. the analytical extraction of the complex roots of unity; a de Moivre number
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In surgery, operation for division of the ciliary muscle, practised to relieve tension in glaucoma.
- n. In mathematics, the theory of the partition of the circle.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Walker's hyposcleral cyclotomy; posterior sclerotomy; T-shaped sclerotomy; and last but not least the Lagrange form of sclerectomy with its various modifications by Brooksbank James, myself and others.
Difference systems of sets and cyclotomy, Discrete Math.,
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.