American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or resembling a carp or other cyprinid fish.
- n. A cyprinoid fish.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Carplike; cyprine; pertaining to or having the characters of the Cyprinoidea.
- n. A carp or carp-like fish; a fish of cyprinoid character; one of the Cyprinoidea.
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or resembling fish of the order Cypriniformes - carps, minnows and loaches.
- n. A fish of that order.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Zoöl.) Like the carp (Cyprinus).
- adj. of or relating to members of fish family Cyprinidae
- From New Latin Cyprīnoīdea, suborder name : Cyprīnus, type genus; see cyprinid + -oīdea, neuter pl. of -oīdēs, -oid. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“The temperature of the principal spring is 75 degrees; it contains abundance of fish -- a loach and cyprinoid.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘cyprinoid’.
lots and lots of fish, a piscatorial
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
Do any of your friends eat like a pig? Sly like a fox? Fast as a cheetah? Maybe these words describe them better
Looking for tweets for cyprinoid.