Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as dactyliography.
- n. The branch of archaeology dealing with gem engraving.
- n. The branch of archaeology dealing with finger rings.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. That branch of archæology which has to do with gem engraving.
- n. That branch of archæology which has to do with finger rings.
- Ancient Greek finger ring + -logy. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘dactyliology’.
Also: dactylo-, -dactylous, -dactyly, dactylio-
All the words from the Grandiloquent Dictionary.
946 of these 2700 words do not yield any results in six different dictionaries, hence many of them might be misspellings.
A macédoine of interesting words that feature the letter ell.
Looking for tweets for dactyliology.