from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. South African Indian hemp used as a narcotic; cannabis.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Indian hemp, Cannabis sativa indica, or a similar plant of the genus Leonotis.
- n. Cement.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a relatively nontoxic South African herb (Leonotis leonurus) smoked like tobacco.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In South Africa, Cannabis Indica, the Indian hemp, which is used by the natives as a narcotic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. relatively nontoxic South African herb smoked like tobacco
Afrikaans, from Khoikoin dachab.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Afrikaans, from Nama dachab. (Wiktionary)
From Shona (Wiktionary)