from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The fourth letter of the Hebrew alphabet. See Table at alphabet.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative form of dalet.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- the fourth letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The fourth letter of the Hebrew alphabet, corresponding to the English D. Its numerical value is IV.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the 4th letter of the Hebrew alphabet
Hebrew dālet, of Phoenician origin; see dl in Semitic roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)