from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various small tropical marine fishes of the family Pomacentridae, having laterally compressed, usually brightly colored bodies. Also called demoiselle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of a number of fish in the Pomacentridae taxonomic family.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. small brilliantly colored tropical marine fishes of coral reefs.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A name in tropical regions of various species of the family Pomacentridæ, especially of those which have brilliant colors.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. small brilliantly colored tropical marine fishes of coral reefs
damsel + fish (Wiktionary)