from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A gold coin from ancient Persia.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A gold coin of ancient Persia, weighing usually a little more than 128 grains, and bearing on one side the figure of an archer.
- n. A silver coin of about 86 grains, having the figure of an archer, and hence, in modern times, called a daric.
- n. Any very pure gold coin.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A gold coin current in antiquity throughout the Persian empire, and also in Greece.
Sorry, no etymologies found.