from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various plants of the genus Commelina having blue or purplish flowers that wilt quickly.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of several plants, of the genus Commelina, whose flowers last only a day
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A genus consisting mostly of tropical perennial herbs (Commelina), having ephemeral flowers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The popular name of plants of the genus Commelina.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any plant of the family Commelinaceae
Sorry, no etymologies found.