from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. According to law; by right.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. By right, in accordance with the law, legally.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- By right; of right; by law; -- often opposed to
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. By right; according to law. See de facto.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. by right; according to law
- adv. by law; conforming to the law
Latin dē iūre : dē, from + iūre, ablative of iūs, law.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Latin "according to law". (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.