American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The plant Atropa belladonna, a perennial shrub of the nightshade family that contains high concentrations of the alkaloid atropine which can be deadly if taken in excess.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Bot.) a poisonous plant; belladonna. See under Nightshade.
- n. Same as Belladonna (a).
- n. poisonous perennial Old World vine having violet flowers and oval coral-red berries; widespread weed in North America
- n. perennial Eurasian herb with reddish bell-shaped flowers and shining black berries; extensively grown in United States; roots and leaves yield atropine
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘deadly nightshade’.
A miscellany of plant names and words related to plants
Looking for tweets for deadly nightshade.