from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative form of dern.
- adj. Alternative form of dern.
- v. Alternative form of dern.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Secret; lonely; solitary; dreadful.
- transitive v. Same as darn.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as dern.
- n. In architecture, a door-post or threshold. Also spelled dern.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Linnen quickly, that it may not be thrown up and down and be mildewed and spoil'd, and so be fit for nothing but the wash again; and forget not to dearn or mend it every week that it may not run to tatters before it be half-worn; and do not suffer any Servant to be idle.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.