from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To remove calcium or calcium compounds from (bones or teeth, for example).
- intransitive v. To lose calcium or calcium compounds.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To deprive of calcareous matter.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To deprive of calcareous matter; thus, to decalcify bones is to remove the stony part, and leave only the gelatin.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To deprive of lime, as bones or teeth of their calcareous matter.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. remove calcium or lime from
- v. lose calcium or calcium compounds
Sorry, no etymologies found.