American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Any of various liquid isomers, C10H22, of the methane series.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A hydrocarbon (C10H22) which may be regarded as a polymer of amyl (C5H11), and the only form in which this radical can be made to exist in the free state. It is a paraffin found in coal-tar. See amyl.
- n. chemistry any of the seventy-five isomers of the aliphatic hydrocarbon having the chemical formula C10H22
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Chem.) A liquid hydrocarbon, C10H22, of the paraffin series, including several isomeric modifications.
- deca- + -ane (Wiktionary)
“A long list of volatile organic compounds, or VOCs [including benzene, xylene, hexane, heptane, octane, decane, trichloroethylene (TCE), and methylene chloride], have been shown to cause illnesses in people who are exposed to the compounds in indoor spaces.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘decane’.
Looking for tweets for decane.