from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To remove the bark, husk, or outer layer from; peel.
- transitive v. To remove the surface layer, membrane, or fibrous cover of (an organ or structure).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To peel or remove the bark, husk, or outer layer from something
- v. To surgically remove the surface layer, membrane, or fibrous cover of an organ etc
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To divest of the bark, husk, or exterior coating; to husk; to peel; to hull.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To remove the bark from; in general, to deprive of the cortex, in any sense of that word; strip off the exterior coat of.
- Destitute of a cortex or cortical layer: used specifically in lichenology.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. remove the cortex of (an organ)
- v. remove the outer layer of
When we got there I was in a VFib and had seizures -- I was resuscitated, shocked multiple times, stabilized, and transferred to a larger center in a decorticate position.
He sat on the wooden side walk with his drunken palpitations, like a paralyzed cowboy at a decorticate ranch.
It assumes that patients are decorticate victims of circumstance - what an insult to their autonomy and intelligence.
Many consumers decorticate (dehull) the grain before grinding it into various particle sizes for use in different products.
The writer referred to says that, for the common varieties, some machinery, like the cotton seed huller, is necessary to decorticate them.
Resources of the Southern Fields and Forests, Medical, Economical, and Agricultural. Being also a Medical Botany of the Confederate States; with Practical Information on the Useful Properties of the Trees, Plants, and Shrubs
Acne vulgaris is a decorticate model with a multifactorial etiology including androgen stimulation of sebum production.
As progression occurs, the pain will cause decorticate posturing (flexion of the upper extremities with lower extremities becoming rigid and extended). g.
I will interact with members by answering questions as well as introducing TBB Beta modules which we will evaluate and decorticate throughout the whole process by receiving your inputs.
The mung bean decorticating machine can decorticate mung beans, then removing the bran from the decorticated mung beans, and grade the decorticated beans into two grades: broken decorticated mungbean and whole decorticated mung bean.
In a sense, it’s the perfect storm: bigots, a population of disinterested, seemingly decorticate workers clinging to their jobs with a hope and a prayer for those outsourcing said jobs, greedy economic ideologues, Protestant, Catholic, Jewish and Muslim nutjobs,and the reins of government of the most powerful nation on the planet held by a group of people so severely pathological it’s amazing they’re able to function.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.