Did you perhaps mean découpage?
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The technique of decorating a surface with cutouts, as of paper.
- n. A creation produced by this technique.
- n. An art technique in which paper cut outs (either from magazines etc or specially made) are glued onto the surface of an object and sometimes painted or decorated
- n. An artwork made by this technique
- v. To perform or use the art technique of decoupage.
- n. art produced by decorating a surface with cutouts and then coating it with several layers of varnish or lacquer
- n. the art of decorating a surface with shapes or pictures and then coating it with vanish or lacquer
- French découpage, from découper ("to cut up"). (Wiktionary)
- French découpage, from découper, to cut up or out, from Old French descolper : des-, de- + colper, to cut (from colp, stroke; see coup). (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“So the nation's Capitol also will be receiving a lot of muddy brown ornaments including a hip flask decorated in decoupage.”
“The English called decoupage 'japanning' in the 18th century, and it became popular with the upper and middle classes by the 19th century.”
“Kurt is going to kill me though, if I keep saying the word 'decoupage'.”
“I would decoupage wares and sell them at local fairs and churches (and got paid).”
“The ostensible purpose of our meeting was to interview the polymath about the decoupage he assembled for Jaguar's party celebrating the 50th anniversary of the E-Type.”
“At home, Mr. Monteiro said that he likes to mix and match "antique vintage" plates and has a soft spot for John Derian's decoupage and Jean-Baptiste Astier de Villatte, a French ceramicist.”
“She also created artworks in textiles, needlework and paper, including quilts and decoupage.”
“I forgot to show that you can glaze the finished doll with decoupage glue and it looks wonderful, with either high gloss or matte finish glue.”
“To give these containers a protective finish, glaze the finished project with more white glue and a brush, glitter glue, decoupage glue.”
“If you will use decoupage glue or some kind of craft glaze over the papers, it takes on a high quality look.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘decoupage’.
Some more words for intermediate and advanced spellers.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Trivet also has this list, which you should go see. And then I found this list, and this list...
If I've seen it, heard it, or marvelled at it, I'll stick it here.
i love words.
Comparing images, cut-up, and mixing meaning.
Words for the guessing game of Contact, which is remarkably effective at killing time when you're with 2 or more people. The game is similar to Botticelli.
Paper, things you can do with paper, and other materials you can write on.
with or without biscuits.
Looking for tweets for decoupage.