from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Gaultheria procumbens, the Eastern teaberry or checkerberry, or its fruit.
- n. Vaccinium stamineum, the squaw huckleberry, or its fruit.
- n. Maianthemum dilatatum, the snakeberry, or its fruit.
- n. Mitchella repens, the partridgeberry, or its fruit.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A shrub of the blueberry group (Vaccinium stamineum); also, its bitter, greenish white berry; -- called also squaw huckleberry.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The aromatic wintergreen of America, Gaultheria procumbens.
- n. The squaw-huckleberry, Vaccinium stamineum.
- n. The partridge-berry, Mitchella repens.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. small branching blueberry common in marshy areas of the eastern United States having greenish or yellowish unpalatable berries reputedly eaten by deer
deer + berry (Wiktionary)