American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. To extract the gluten from (wheat flour, for example).
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To unglue; loosen or separate by or as if by ungluing.
- To deprive of gluten; extract the gluten from.
GNU Webster's 1913
- v. To loosen or separate by dissolving the glue which unties; to unglue.
- Latin deglutinatus, past participle of deglutinare to deglutinate; de- + glutinare to glue, gluten glue. (Wiktionary)
- Latin dēglūtināre, dēglūtināt- : dē-, de- + glūten, glutin-, glue. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘deglutinate’.
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
Looking for tweets for deglutinate.