from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to dehiscence, i.e., a rupture, as with a surgical wound opening up, often with a flow of serous fluid
- adj. Which dehisces or presents dehiscence
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Characterized by dehiscence; opening in some definite way, as the capsule of a plant.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Opening, as the capsule of a plant.
- In entomology, divergent at the tips, as if tending to split apart: said especially of the elytra when they are separated at the apices.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of e.g. fruits and anthers) opening spontaneously at maturity to release seeds
From Latin dehiscentem, present participle of dehiscere. (Wiktionary)